Limited Offer - FREE Hosting for Life!
Order this Drupal hosting package for a period of two years and get it FREE for life!
What is Drupal Hosting?Drupal hosting describes the ideal platform for running Drupal, a free open source software package which enables users to easily publish, manage and organise an array of content on a website. Drupal is an extremely popular web content management system and there are currently hundreds of thousands of people and organisations are using Drupal worldwide to power their web sites including: community web portals, discussion sites, corporate web sites and social networking sites.
As Drupal is open source, its code is maintained and developed by a community of users and developers.
What are the technical requirements for running Drupal?To run Drupal, it is recommended that you have installed MySQL 4.1 or MySQL 5.0. Drupal can be run successfully on both Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.x and Microsoft IIS 5,6 and 7 if PHP is configured properly.
Does Storm Internet support Drupal Hosting?Yes, we support Drupal hosting and recommend our Linux Ultimate package for this.
Can I remotely connect to my Drupal database?Yes. An added benefit of our Drupal hosting packages in comparison to many of our competitors, is that we allow full Remote Connections to your Drupal MySQL database. This means that you have full management capabilities over your database and can directly access and manage your database, using powerful MySQL management tools such as MySQL Workbench (formally MySQL Administrator).
Can I transfer my existing Drupal web site to Storm?Yes. With our Drupal hosting package, we make it easy to transfer an existing Drupal web site hosted elsewhere to us. There's no need to rebuild your database from scratch if you wish to transfer an existing Drupal database to us. If you already have a Drupal database hosted elsewhere, all you need is a script backup of your Drupal database which can quickly be restored to your Storm Drupal hosting package using phpMyAdmin that comes preinstalled on our Linux Ultimate package. You are also able to take full backups of your Drupal database using the control panel we provide and can restore back to your site at any point. Therefore not only ensuring your Drupal based site runs perfectly, but also that it is fully protected.
Why should I choose Storm Internet as my Drupal hosting provider?
- 99.8% uptime guarantee (99.99% typical) - Storm continues to be ranked within the Top 10 for server uptime by hyperspin.com
- 24/7 LiveChat Technical Support - Get the help you need, when you need it! So should you have a problem with your Drupal hosting package, our innovative online LiveChat enables you to connect immediately to a technical expert.
- Constant server monitoring - Our highly qualified team monitor our servers round the clock and are always on hand to provide help and advice. In addition, our comprehensive and easily searchable online knowledge base is an invaluable customer resource for common queries.
- UK based data centre - Storm Internet provides UK web hosting – and all of our servers are based at our state-of-the-art data centre in Maidenhead, Berkshire. By hosting your website on UK based servers, you can significantly improve your web site's position within UK search engine results & UK specific searches.
- Exclusive customer discounts - Once you become a Storm customer, you will automatically receive 20% off the first year's hosting for any subsequent hosting packages you purchase from us.
Our RecommendationWe'd suggest going for one of our Linux Ultimate hosting packages if you're looking to host a Drupal based web site