What is Umbraco Hosting?
Umbraco hosting is the ideal platform to run Umbraco, a content management system used for publishing content on the internet and on intranets. Umbraco is open source, meaning that its code is maintained and developed by users and developers. Umbraco runs on Microsoft platforms and is primarily written in C#.
What are the technical requirements for running Umbraco?
To successfully host Umbraco, it is recommended that you have installed SQL Server and ASP.NET.
Does Storm Internet support Umbraco Hosting?
Yes, we support Umbraco on our ASP Ultimate shared hosting packages.
Can I remotely connect to my Umbraco database?
Yes. An added benefit of our Umbraco hosting packages, in comparison to many of our competitors, is that we allow full Remote Connections to your SQL Server based Umbraco database. This means that you have full management capabilities over your database and can directly access and manage your database should you need to, using powerful SQL Server management tools such as SQL Server Management Studio.
Can I transfer my existing Umbraco web site to Storm?
Yes. With our Umbraco hosting package, we make it easy to transfer an existing Umbraco web site hosted elsewhere to us. There's no need to rebuild your database from scratch if you wish to transfer an existing Umbraco database to us. If you already have a Umbraco database hosted elsewhere, all you need is a script backup of your database which can quickly be restored to your Storm Umbraco hosting package. You are also able to take full backups of your Umbraco database using the control panel we provide and can restore back to your site at any point. Therefore not only ensuring your Umbraco based site runs perfectly, but also that it is fully protected from data loss.
Why should I choose Storm Internet as my Umbraco hosting provider?
- 99.8% uptime guarantee (99.99% typical) - Storm continues to be ranked within the Top 10 for server uptime by hyperspin.com
- 24/7 LiveChat Technical Support - Get the help you need, when you need it! So should you have a problem with your Umbraco hosting package, our innovative online LiveChat enables you to connect immediately to a technical expert.
- Constant server monitoring - Our highly qualified team monitor our servers round the clock and are always on hand to provide help and advice. In addition, our comprehensive and easily searchable online knowledge base is an invaluable customer resource for common queries.
- UK based data centre - Storm Internet provides UK web hosting – and all of our servers are based at the Bluesquare Data Centre in Milton Keynes and Maidenhead. By hosting your website on UK based servers, you can significantly improve your web site's position within UK search engine results & UK specific searches.
- Exclusive customer discounts - Once you become a Storm customer, you will automatically receive 20% off the first year's hosting for any subsequent hosting packages you purchase from us.