Limited Offer - FREE Hosting for Life!
Order this WordPress hosting package for a period of two years and get it FREE for life!
What is WordPress Hosting?WordPress hosting describes the ideal platform for running WordPress, a Content Management System that is often used as a blog publishing application. It is open source, which means its code is made available for use or modification by users and developers.
WordPress is powered by PHP and MySQL and has many features including a plug-in architecture and a templating system. WordPress is the most popular blog software in use today and is used by over 2% of the 10,000 biggest websites.
What can you use WordPress for?WordPress Hosting When WordPress was first launched, it was used primarily as a blogging system. However it has since evolved and is now used as a full content management system through the thousands of widgets, plug-in and themes. As the official WordPress website (www.wordpress.org/about) states, "WordPress is limited only by your imagination".
What are the technical requirements for running WordPress?To successfully host WordPress you need PHP version 4.3 or greater and MySQL version 4.1.2 or greater. It is also recommended that an Apache based operating system is used for WordPress hosting.
Does Storm Internet support WordPress hosting?Yes, we support WordPress hosting on our Linux Ultimate package and currently host several hundred active installations of WordPress for our customers on these packages.
Can I remotely connect to my WordPress database?Yes. An added benefit of our WordPress hosting packages in comparison to many of our competitors, is that we allow full Remote Connections to your WordPress MySQL database. This means that you have full management capabilities over your database and can directly access and manage your database, using powerful MySQL management tools such as MySQL Workbench (formally MySQL Administrator).
Can I transfer my existing WordPress web site to Storm?Yes. With our WordPress hosting package, we make it easy to transfer an existing WordPress web site hosted elsewhere to us. There's no need to rebuild your database from scratch if you wish to transfer an existing WordPress database to us. If you already have a WordPress database hosted elsewhere, all you need is a script backup of your WordPress database which can quickly be restored to your Storm WordPress hosting package using phpMyAdmin that comes preinstalled on our Linux Ultimate package. You are also able to take full backups of your WordPress database using the control panel we provide and can restore back to your site at any point. Therefore not only ensuring your WordPress based site runs perfectly, but also that it is fully protected.
Why should I choose Storm Internet as my WordPress hosting provider?
- Top 10 host for uptime - Storm continues to be ranked within the Top 10 for server uptime by hyperspin.com with a typical uptime percentage of over 99.9%
- 24/7 LiveChat Technical Support - Get the help you need, when you need it! So should you have a problem with your WordPress hosting package, our innovative online LiveChat enables you to connect immediately to a technical expert.
- Constant server monitoring - Our highly qualified team monitor our servers round the clock and are always on hand to provide help and advice. In addition, our comprehensive and easily searchable online knowledge base is an invaluable customer resource for common queries.
- UK based data centre - Storm Internet provides UK web hosting – and all of our servers are based at our state-of-the-art data centre in Maidenhead, Berkshire. By hosting your website on UK based servers, you can significantly improve your web site's position within UK search engine results & UK specific searches.
- Exclusive customer discounts - Once you become a Storm customer, you will automatically receive 20% off the first year's hosting for any subsequent hosting packages you purchase from us.
Our RecommendationWe'd suggest going for one of our Linux Ultimate hosting packages if you're looking to host a WordPress based web site