What is Kentico Hosting?
Kentico hosting is the ideal platform to run Kentico, a content management system used for developing web sites, e-commerce online shops, intranets and Web 2.0 community sites. Kentico hosting is used to develop on-line blogs, blogs, message boards, booking systems and image galleries, among other functionalities.
What are the technical requirements for running Kentico?
In order to successfully run Kentico you need to have ASP.NET 2.0 (or higher) and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or higher) supported.
Does Storm Internet support Kentico Hosting?
Yes, in fact we are official hosting partners of Kentico. We support Kentico on our ASP Ultimate package and currently host several hundred active installations of Kentico for our customers on these packages.
Can I remotely connect to my Kentico database?
Yes. An added benefit of our Kentico hosting packages, in comparison to many of our competitors, is that we allow full Remote Connections to your SQL Server based Kentico database. This means that you have full management capabilities over your database and can directly access and manage your database should you need to, using powerful SQL Server management tools such as SQL Server Management Studio.
Can I transfer my existing Kentico web site to Storm?
Yes. With our Kentico hosting package, we make it easy to transfer an existing Kentico web site hosted elsewhere to us. There's no need to rebuild your database from scratch if you wish to transfer an existing Kentico database to us. If you already have a Kentico database hosted elsewhere, all you need is a script backup of your Kentico database which can quickly be restored to your Storm Kentico hosting package. You are also able to take full backups of your Kentico database using the control panel we provide and can restore back to your site at any point. Therefore not only ensuring your Kentico based site runs perfectly, but also that it is fully protected from data loss.
Why should I choose Storm Internet as my Kentico hosting provider?
- Official Hosting Partner of Kentico and currently host several hundred installations of Kentico on our shared ASP Ultimate packages as well as dedicated servers.
- 99.8% uptime guarantee (99.99% typical) - Storm continues to be ranked within the Top 10 for server uptime by hyperspin.com
- 24/7 LiveChat Technical Support - Get the help you need, when you need it! So should you have a problem with your Kentico hosting package, our innovative online LiveChat enables you to connect immediately to a technical expert.
- Constant server monitoring - Our highly qualified team monitor our servers round the clock and are always on hand to provide help and advice. In addition, our comprehensive and easily searchable online knowledge base is an invaluable customer resource for common queries.
- UK based data centre - Storm Internet provides UK web hosting – and all of our servers are based at our state-of-the-art data centre in Maidenhead, Berkshire. By hosting your website on UK based servers, you can significantly improve your web site's position within UK search engine results & UK specific searches.
- Exclusive customer discounts - Once you become a Storm customer, you will automatically receive 20% off the first year's hosting for any subsequent hosting packages you purchase from us.