SQL Server Hosting
You should consider SQL Server if your web site is a critical component of your business and its operation is dependant on a fast and reliable database. SQL Server hosting can also be considered as a natural progression path for web sites that currently utilise a Microsoft Access database. It is often the choice made by those who are finding that Microsoft Access is no longer suitable or reliable enough for coping with the increased traffic demands made to their web site.
What is Microsoft SQL Server?
Microsoft SQL Server is the industry leading database for business critical web applications. SQL Server is a comprehensive, integrated data management tool that enables individuals and organizations to reliably manage mission-critical information and confidently run today's increasingly complex online business applications.
How can I use a SQL Server database?
Microsoft SQL Server plugs into your web application just like any other relational database. There are a range of visual management tools that you can use to administer, manage and performance tune your SQL Server database to ensure you get the very best out of your web site. Many of these tools can be downloaded free of charge direct from the Microsoft web site.
What version of SQL Server to you provide?
We can provide support for SQL Server 2019 and 2016 databases which are hosting on our servers running the latest Windows operating system. If you require support for an earlier version of SQL Server or have a custom requirement, please contract us on 0800 817 4727 to discuss.
What is the maximum SQL Server database size?
With our ASP Ultimate Shared Hosting package a 500MB SQL Server database is provided as standard. Additional databases or space can be purchased at a cost of £29.99+VAT per database (or per 500MB of additional space) per year. Our shared hosting packages can host SQL Server databases of up to 2GB in size.
On one of our Cloud or Dedicated Servers, there are no limits imposed by us. The limits would be restricted only by the physical spec of the server and also the version of SQL Server that you opt for.
Why should I choose Storm Internet as my SQL Server hosting provider?
- Full Remote Access - Unlike some of our competitors, we allow you full remote connectivity to your SQL Server database and do not restrict access in any way. You are free to connect to your database using ODBC plus using admin tools such as SQL Server Management Studio to ensure that you get the very best from your database and consequently, from your web site
- Easily transfer your existing SQL Server database - With our SQL Server hosting package, there's no need to rebuild your database from scratch should you wish to transfer an existing SQL Server database to us. If you already have a database hosted elsewhere, you can easily transfer the contents of your database using SQL Server Management Studio which is fully supported by our packages. SSMS provides you with an Import/Export wizard which you can use to upload your data and stored procedures with a couple of clicks. Therefore you can have your database online with us in minutes rather than spending hours reconstructing it via SQL scripts.
- 99.8% uptime guarantee (99.99% typical) - Storm continues to be ranked within the Top 10 for server uptime by hyperspin.com
- 24/7 LiveChat Technical Support - Get the help you need, when you need it! So should you have a problem with your SQL Server hosting package, our innovative online LiveChat enables you to connect immediately to a technical expert.
- Constant server monitoring - Our highly qualified team monitor our servers round the clock and are always on hand to provide help and advice. In addition, our comprehensive and easily searchable online knowledge base is an invaluable customer resource for common queries.
- UK based data centre - Storm Internet provides UK web hosting – and all of our servers are based at our state-of-the-art data centre in Maidenhead, Berkshire. By hosting your website on UK based servers, you can significantly improve your web site's position within UK search engine results & UK specific searches.
- Exclusive customer discounts - Once you become a Storm customer, you will automatically receive 20% off the first year's hosting for any subsequent hosting packages you purchase from us.